Sunday, September 6, 2015

data-driven health

My fitness band showed me that I experience too little REM and deep sleep, so, prompted by Sara, I returned to using my CPAP machine.  The results are good - I am more rested and stats have improved.

The meditation timer app I use, Insight Timer, shows that missing meditation sessions has reduced my average daily meditation time to 22 minutes over the last four months.  In response, I try to sit 2-3 times a day for 20 minutes per session.

My weight-tracking shows I've lost ten pounds over the last three months, but that this requires serious diligence and effort, beyond what I expected.  In particular, I severely reduce carbs and exercise regularly, lifting weights and walking on the treadmill.  These days I experience performance highs and exercise endorphins and a strong feeling of something missing when I don't exercise.  My cardio capacity and physical strength both are near life-time peaks, based on two hour workouts most days.

Some life-long friends who are triathletes organized a thirty mile annual bike ride last year, so I am rehabilitating my bike to see if my knees will allow my participation.  At any rate, I look forward to the get-together later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogtrottr