Saturday, October 14, 2017

we are safe (so far) from the fires

Fires are raging around the North Bay.  We watched for awhile, then packed a carload of memories and headed to the Peninsula to wait out the emergency.  After two days we decided it is safe enough to return.  We are still ready to jump if the fire comes our way, but at this time it is on the far side of the ridge and we are two miles from the base.  The local fires are 20-40% contained now but had been 0% for days when we left. We are hopeful this passes without destroying our house...

No comments:

Post a Comment