Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Jakub and Emeline are my favorite partner dancers

Many people now use the term “Modern Swing” for the current version of West Coast Swing. This new partner dance form merits a new name because it *is* truly different. Really! I have to say I now love it, after resisting this evolution for years. Others, like my wife, object that it is not swing. Incorporating contemporary and contact improvisation as well as Zouk, it is more expressive and more physically challenging than traditional WCS. I hope that I will be able to dance it myself someday but that would require rebuilding my entire body of dance skills. We’ll see…


My favorite partner team now is Jakub and Emeline. For WCS dancers they have unusual backgrounds. The About page on their website  is well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogtrottr