Sunday, September 15, 2013

Journalism students on the history of Dwight House (1545 Dwight Way, Berkeley)

Here is what came up.   I was one of "the hippies" who massively altered the house in the early 70s.
We hated being called "hippies", as it meant to us lazy people who laid around getting stoned, while our motto was "Build It or Fuck It!", meaning Make Something Now.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who lived there during that time... Who remembers the time a 6x6 almost crushed my skull and Doug Shaw saved my life by shoving it over my head, so I suffered only unconsciousness due to the glancing blow of a 4x4?  I remember everyone carrying me to the van; I remember trying to tell the time as I stared at something on the wall in the hospital, not realizing it was a fire alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogtrottr