Wednesday, September 4, 2013

OK: "percussion heavy" and "Bartok" - need I say more?

In high school, back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, Barry Smith introduced me to the blues, Bartok and Buddhism, in exchange for me doing his electronics class homework;  this changed my life forever.  Kudos to Barry, who died (too young) a few years later.  At the time I also played drums.  Taking all this into consideration, it should be no surprise that I look forward to q2music.org's upcoming broadcast:

This Sunday at 6 pm EDT, Q2 Music presents the first of four performances recorded live at the 2013 Lucerne Festival in Switzerland. The program features Martin Grubinger's Percussive Planet Ensemble and piano duo Ferhan und Ferzand ├ľnder in a performance of percussion-heavy music by Xenakis and Bartok.
/* */ Google Analytics Alternative