Wednesday, September 4, 2013

OK: "percussion heavy" and "Bartok" - need I say more?

In high school, back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, Barry Smith introduced me to the blues, Bartok and Buddhism, in exchange for me doing his electronics class homework;  this changed my life forever.  Kudos to Barry, who died (too young) a few years later.  At the time I also played drums.  Taking all this into consideration, it should be no surprise that I look forward to q2music.org's upcoming broadcast:

This Sunday at 6 pm EDT, Q2 Music presents the first of four performances recorded live at the 2013 Lucerne Festival in Switzerland. The program features Martin Grubinger's Percussive Planet Ensemble and piano duo Ferhan und Ferzand Önder in a performance of percussion-heavy music by Xenakis and Bartok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogtrottr