Sunday, November 26, 2023

A Panacea for the Heart An Incitement to Virtue Through Reflection on Impermanence

On the death of Christina Monson, an important lesson.


Sogan Rinpoche (Sogan Tulku Pema Lodoe) composed "A Panacea for the Heart: An Incitement to Virtue Through Reflection on Impermanence" upon learning of Christina's passing.   It includes the following verse:

And when my Dharma siblings who I wished to remain here with me inseparably
Are led away without hope of intervening, by the Lord of Death himself, I feel sad
But sadness and grief don’t help; let us rouse strength of heart
And spurn ourselves to practice virtue and dedicate it with aspirations.


The full poem is at the link below. (note: I suspect a translation error substituted “spurn” for “spur” at the end.

https://www.shambhala.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/A-Panacea-for-the-Heart.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogtrottr